Senior Java Developer + MongoDB
10 months to apply
we are a fast growing, successful start-up based in Berlin. We have gone from strength to strength over the last five years and continue to grow. Our product suite includes a hugely popular professional IDE. We are the leading provider of developer tools for MongoDB professionals. Our mission is simple: to build the finest NoSQL tools available – simply by developers, for developers! We are rapidly expanding our software engineering team and have new Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer positions available. We are a long way from done, with many new, exciting projects about to begin. This is a great time to join us on our mission, and be part of this exciting new team!
- As a software engineer working on our MongoDB tools, you will be involved in the full development cycle, including:
- Identifying, designing and implementing new MongoDB-focussed features and tools
- Evaluating their effectiveness and reintegrating that into the design
- Creating effective tests for those features
- Working alongside an amazing, fully-charged team that will love to help get you up to speed and exceed far beyond that, in all areas of development
- Thoroughly developing MongoDB expertise and gaining deep insights into how MongoDB works
- Becoming part of the exciting worldwide MongoDB and NoSQL development communities, where the future of databases is headed
- First and foremost, you are a passionate software engineer. You take pride in producing elegant, performant code and ensuring its correctness. You simply love coding – for you, it is both a craft and an art. You are of course a self-starter, and aren’t afraid to be social – opinionated deep-dives and the occasional burger-and-beer evening out is all part of the great camaraderie of the team.
- Things happen fast in a start-up, so we really only ask for one thing:
- Production-level software development experience (preferably in Java, though any other modern object-oriented language such as Python, C++ or C# will also count)
- Extra credit if you already have experience or a strong interest in one or more of:
- MongoDB, Microsoft Azure CosmoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Couchbase or Elasticsearch
- Server-side development
- GUI design
- Programming languages, and programming language processing (i.e. you’re comfortable with ASTs, semantic analysis, etc.)
- SQL databases, e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language – English. You do not need to know any German.
- Ability is what defines a great software engineer. We very much value higher computer science and software engineering degrees (both founders are CompSci PhDs!). However, we also know that some of the best programmers will have taught themselves, irrespective of formal qualifications. You actually know how to code and you can show it? Great, we want to hear from you!
Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.